August 4, 2015

What are in mom's closet

Three years ago, I remember making fun of the bell-bottoms, corduroy trousers and glitzy jackets that make an appearance in my mum's photos from the '70s and '80s. I never imagined I'd too live through an era in which 18-inch flares and fringe ruled the fashion scene. And just like that, those styles have boomeranged back to the runways of 2015. There's never been a better time to raid your mother's wardrobe, and Vogue India's stylish girls show you why.




VINTAGE MODERN
Chandni Sehgal, Copy editor

"I paired my mum's blue ruffled shirt with flared jeans from Mango and retro-style shades to complete the vintage-inspired look — the ruffles are so retro, while the colour is cool and contemporary."









DENIM DAZE
Priyanka Parkash, Fashion coordinator

"I can tell from photographs and memories that my mom really took to the '80s. She was a big fan of denim – especially high waist jeans, oversized shirts and midi skirts. I share that obsession, and love this oversized denim shirt because it's super versatile. I don't think I'm giving it back!"









EASY EMBELLISHMENT
Ria Kamat, Junior fashion stylist

"I chose a '70s embellished jacket that my mom gave to me several years ago while we were cleaning out her closet. What I like about the piece is its oversized silhouette and its ability to give the most basic outfit a glam lift."ৃ

No comments:

Post a Comment